Day 0 - Zero to MVP in 30 Days17 Nov 2017
I gave it a few week waiting period to make sure the excitement stuck beyond the initial honeymoon phase and to work out the logistics of focusing a lot of time on this challenge.
Why a day zero? To lay down some ground rules.
- 30 days will be on a rolling restart. I’ll be splitting my time between making the thing and validating the thing. If while validating the thing, I decide I need to pivot or kill the thing, the 30 days to build a MVP will restart.
- This aggressive retry+blogging cycle will have a hard limit of 60 days. If I don’t have some confidence in a validated idea after 60 days, I’ll pump the breaks and give myself an opening to move on.
- MVP for this challenge means: a product that is either accepting early beta users or has validation via pre-paying customers.
I want the flexibility of killing ideas I can’t validate to ensure I have the motivation for making it through at least 30 days of this challenge.
What will the blogging for this challenge look like?
I’ll commit to an update every day. Posts will likely be tiny on some days.
I’ll try to remain as transparent as I can with data and the daily happenings. This range of topics will include:
- Peeking into half written Google brainstorming docs
- Hearing about rejections while trying to validate an idea
- Figuring out pricing
- Technical challenges I’m running into.
Tomorrow we’ll talk about idea #1 and hustle to lay down a framework for getting things done.